Bacon Alfredo zoodles with shrimp
Fettuccine Alfredo gets a lightened up twist with healthy zucchini noodles!
4 oz bacon, finely chopped
3/4 lb shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 cups zucchini noodles (from about 4 large zucchinis)
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Bacon Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Place a deep sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add the bacon, and cook until the bits of ba-con are brown and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
2. Spoon out excess oil from the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon. Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and return to the stove.
3. Add olive oil to the pan and drop in the zucchini noodles. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until the zoodles are al dente.
4. Stir in about 3/4 of a jar of Sonoma Gourmet Bacon Alfredo Sauce, most of the bacon and the shrimp. Toss to coat, and add any remaining sauce if necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with remaining bacon and parsley. Serve immediately.