Gnocchi with chicken sausage
Comfort food gets an upgrade with back gnocchi!
1 pound store-bought gnocchi
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 ounces chicken sausage, sliced in bite sized pieces
10 ounces baby kale
1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto and White Cheddar Sauce (25 ounces)
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shred
Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter your baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to the package's directions, or until they start to ﬂoat. Transfer the gnocchi into an ice bath, drain and set aside.
3. In a large, skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken sausage, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it has browned. Stir in the kale.
4. Pour the Kale Pesto and White Cheddar Sauce into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the gnocchi and sauce into an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the top of the dish is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
6. Remove from the oven and let it rest about 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.