Chicken Caprese Pasta
This Chicken Caprese Pasta is all of the flavors of classic caprese salad in the form of a hearty main course. This dish pairs balsamic glazed chicken and fresh mozzarella with Sonoma Gourmet Cherry Tomato with Basil Pasta Sauce. Balsamic glaze (also known as balsamic reduction) is available in most grocery stores in the vinegar and salad dressing aisle. Add a green salad and crusty bread on the side, and dinner is served! Serves: 6
1 pound dry spaghetti
1 and ½ pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil (such as Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil)
¼ cup balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
salt and pepper to taste
1 25 ounce jar of Sonoma Gourmet Cherry Tomato with Basil Pasta Sauce
1 tablespoon of butter
8 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls, drained and halved (bocconicini)
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
3. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts.
4. Slice the cooked chicken into strips and brush the balsamic glaze over the top.
5. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the pasta sauce, along with the butter, and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the chicken on top of the pasta, along with the mozzarella balls and basil. Serve immediately.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET CHERRY TOMATO WITh BASIL PASTA SAUCE
Organically grown in California, our Cherry Tomatoes are naturally sweet; combined with organic fresh basil, this product provides traditional Italian flavor with a California twist. TRY THIS SAUCE >>