Creole Chicken & Sausage
This recipe for Creole Chicken & Sausage is chicken thighs simmered with Sonoma Gourmet California Creole Simmer Sauce, spicy andouille sausage, peppers and onions. A one pot meal that’s hearty, flavorful and super simple to make! Serves: 4
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup of sliced bell peppers (red, yellow, green or a combination)
2 links of andouille sausage
1 jar Sonoma Gourmet California Creole Simmer Sauce
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the chicken in the pan, skin side down. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown.
4. Place the chicken on a plate; cover to keep warm.
5. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Place the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.
6. Add the onion, bell peppers and sausage to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables have softened and sausage is browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the chicken back to the pan and pour the simmer sauce over the top.
8. Cover and place in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET California Creole Simmer & Braising Sauce
Creole cuisine is a creation of ingredients, spices and cultures. We have taken a classic sauce and put our own stamp on it.