Greek Chicken Skewers with Yogurt Sauce
Make it a Mediterranean kind of night with these Greek chicken skewers. The chicken is marinated in Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil, then threaded onto skewers and grilled to perfection. Serve these chicken skewers with a creamy yogurt sauce and a side of cucumber salad or pita bread for an easy and delicious meal. Serves: 4
1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil
Optional garnishes: chopped parsley and lemon wedges
INGREDIENTS (YOgurt Sauce):
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup minced cucumber
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Herbs Olive Oil
For the chicken skewers:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of water. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread the chicken pieces onto 4 skewers.
3. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking make the yogurt sauce.
For the yogurt sauce:
1. Mix together the Greek yogurt, cucumber, olive oil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready for use.
2. Serve the chicken with the yogurt sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges if desired.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Roasted Garlic & Herbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Premium California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Roasted Garlic, Rosemary and Parsley - this oil wins the gold star for deliciousness. Treat your family and guests to something truly extraordinary. Perfect as a dipping or cooking oil; the options are endless. Try This Olive Oil >>