This recipe for huevos rancheros is an easy breakfast or brunch idea with corn tortillas, black beans, salsa, fried eggs, avocado and Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Chile de Árbol Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Serves: 4
4 corn tortillas
1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup of prepared salsa
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon Sonoma Gourmet Roasted Chile de Árbol Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Optional garnishes: lime slices, cilantro sprigs
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the tortillas and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until warm and just browned.
2. Place the black beans on top of the tortillas and cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
3. Heat the other 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until whites are set and yolks are running, approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Mix the chopped cilantro with the prepared salsa. Spoon the salsa over the beans and top with the eggs.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the avocado to the pan.
6. Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of the olive oil over the top of the eggs and serve, garnished with lime slices and cilantro sprigs if desired.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Roasted Chile de Árbol Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Premium California Extra Virgin Olive Oil combined with Roasted Chile de Arbol and Chilaca peppers - this oil is packed with flavor. Treat your family and guests to something truly extraordinary. Perfect as a dipping or cooking oil; the options are endless. Try This Olive Oil >>