Kale Macaroni and Cheese with Chicken
This macaroni and cheese is a spin on the classic with the addition of chicken and fresh kale. Sonoma Gourmet’s Kale Pesto with White Cheddar Pasta Sauce adds tons of creamy, cheesy flavor without any additional work. All you need is 6 ingredients and 30 minutes to have dinner on the table! Serves: 8
- 1 pound of dry elbow macaroni
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 3 cups kale leaves, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar of Sonoma Gourmet Kale Pesto with White Cheddar Pasta Sauce (25 ounce)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese such as mozzarella, fontina or white cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken, pasta sauce and kale. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until kale is wilted and chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir in the cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.