Linguine with Clams
This recipe for linguine clams is easy enough for a busy weeknight yet elegant enough for a dinner party. The sauce is made with Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which adds tons of flavor with no prep work! Serves: 6
12 ounces dry linguine pasta
1 and ½ pounds live clams, scrubbed
6 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¾ cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
4 lemon wedges
¼ cup parsley
Optional garnish: Additional Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the wine and the clams, and bring to a simmer.
3. Cook, uncovered, until clams have opened, 7-8 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
4. Drain the pasta and place it into the pan with the clams. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Stir in the parsley and season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide the pasta between 4 plates and add a lemon wedge to each plate.
6. Serve immediately, drizzled with more olive oil if desired.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Sautéed Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Premium California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Garlic from Gilroy, CA - this oil screams garlic and is praised by garlic lovers around California. Treat your family and guests to something truly extraordinary. Perfect as a dipping or cooking oil; the options are endless. Try This Olive Oil >>