Pasta e Fagioli Soup
This Pasta e Fagioli soup is an Italian classic that’s loaded with sausage, veggies, beans and pasta. Sonoma Gourmet's Cabernet Cacciatore Simmer Sauce makes the perfect base for this hearty meal that's ready in 30 minutes! Serves: 6
2 teaspoons olive oil (such as Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil)
1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
1 onion, coarsely chopped
3 stalks of celery, sliced
3 carrots, peeled, halved and sliced
6 cups chicken broth
1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Cabernet Cacciatore Simmer Sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups of cooked kidney beans (red, white or a combination)
1 ½ cups ditalini or other short pasta
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the chicken broth, simmer sauce and tomato paste; bring to a simmer.
4. Add the pasta to the pot and bring the soup to a boil; cook for the length of time indicated on your pasta package.
5. Stir in the kidney beans and cook for 2 minutes. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper if needed.
6. Stir in the parsley and serve.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Cabernet Cacciatore Simmer & Braising Sauce
Cacciatore is Italian for “hunter style” and is a combination of meat, tomatoes and seasonal vegetables. Today, we combine with Cabernet Sauvignon wine from Sonoma to put our own twist on a classic Italian dish.