Butternut Squash Lasagna
This Butternut Squash Lasagna is layers of noodles, spinach, Sonoma Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce and a blend of three cheeses. It’s a make-ahead meal that’s perfect for entertaining or for a cozy dinner at home. You can even double up the recipe to make a second lasagna to freeze for another night. Sonoma Gourmet’s Butternut Squash sauce makes this lasagna a snap to assemble and adds so much rich and creamy flavor! Serves: 6
9 lasagna noodles, cooked in salted water according to package directions
1 tub of ricotta cheese
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided use
1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce (25 ounces)
16 ounces fresh spinach, steamed and excess water removed OR 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and excess water removed
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °. Coat a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread ¼ cup of pasta sauce over the bottom of the pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Stir until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut 3 noodles to 9 inches long and place in the bottom of the pan.
5. Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce over the noodles, then spread ½ of the ricotta cheese mixture over the sauce layer. Add ½ the spinach on top of the ricotta layer.
6. Place a second layer of noodles cut to 9 inches in length across the spinach layer.
7. Repeat the process with an additional cup of sauce and the remaining ricotta and spinach. Top with the third layer of noodles.
8. Pour the remaining ¾ cup of pasta sauce over the top layer of noodles and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top. Cover loosely with foil
9. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned and sauce is bubbly.
10. Let stand for 5-7 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Make ahead instructions: Assemble lasagna and cover with foil. Place in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Add an additional 10 minutes to the baking time.
In This Recipe
Our Organic Butternut squash is grown from farms in Oregon where they are harvested and sent to our kitchen in California to make this delicious sauce. The rich and smooth flavor from the squash can liven up almost any pasta recipe. Try This Sauce >>