This Italian stromboli is a rolled pizza that’s filled with pepperoni, sausage, cheese and Sonoma Gourmet Pizza Sauce. It’s a quick and easy dish that’s perfect as a main course or a party appetizer. Serve your stromboli with extra pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
16 oz ball of pizza dough
1 jar of Sonoma Gourmet Pizza Sauce, divided use
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup of pepperoni
½ pound of Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Roll out the pizza dough as thin as possible into a 9”x13” rectangle.
3. Spread ¾ cup of the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a ½ inch border of plain dough around the edges
4. Layer the pepperoni, sausage and cheese over the pizza sauce.
5. Starting at the long edge, roll the stromboli up tightly, jelly roll style, pinching the edges shut.
6. Cut 4-5 slits along the top of the stromboli.
7. Brush the egg over the top and sides of the stromboli.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
9. Sprinkle with parsley, cut into slices, and serve with the remaining pizza sauce for dipping.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Pizza Sauce
Making pizza at home with the family is one of our favorite things to do. Everyone has their signature pie and we all share in the fun of making and eating them together. Try This Sauce >>