Easy Supreme Pizza
This Easy Supreme Pizza is made with a homemade pizza crust that’s topped with Sonoma Gourmet Organic Pizza Sauce, mozzarella cheese, vegetables and pepperoni. This pizza dough is very simple to make, but if you’re pressed for time, feel free to substitute store-bought pizza dough. Serves: 6
1 cup warm water
1 packet active dry yeast
¼ teaspoon sugar
14 ounces all purpose flour
1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided use
1 jar Sonoma Gourmet Organic Pizza Sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup pepperoni
½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1 cup thinly sliced bell peppers (red, green or both)
Optional garnish: chopped parsley
1. Place the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add sugar and yeast and let sit for 3 minutes.
2. Add the flour, salt and 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil to the bowl, stir to combine.
3. Fit the stand mixer with a dough hook and mix on medium speed until a smooth dough forms, 3-5 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap.
5. Let the dough sit in warm place for 40 minutes. Punch the dough down, re-cover the bowl, then let rise for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
7. Shape the dough into 2 12-inch rounds on pizza pans, OR press it into a sheet pan that’s been coated with cooking spray.
8. Brush the remaining olive oil over the pizza dough. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Remove the dough from the oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms and bell peppers.
10. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
11. Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley if desired.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Pizza Sauce
Making pizza at home with the family is one of our favorite things to do. Everyone has their signature pie and we all share in the fun of making and eating them together.