Spice Crusted Chicken
This spice crusted chicken is served over black beans and topped with Sonoma Gourmet Butternut Chipotle Simmer Sauce for an easy one pot meal that’s filled with bold flavors. Serves: 4
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided use
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 red onion, minced
1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar of Sonoma Gourmet Butternut Chipotle Simmer Sauce
Lime wedges and fresh cilantro for garnish
1. In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture for later use.
2. Rub the rest of the spice mixture onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
5. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan; place on a plate and cover to keep warm.
6. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
7. Stir in the remaining teaspoon of spice mixture and the black beans.
8. Place the chicken on top of the black bean mixture and spoon the simmer sauce over the chicken breasts.
9. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until simmer sauce is warmed through.
10. Serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges and cilantro.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Butternut Chipotle Simmer & Braising Sauce
Organically grown butternut squash from Oregon combined with southwest chipotle spices bring together a flavor experience hard to replicate.