Grilled Tomato Mozzarella Pasta Salad
Grilling (or roasting) tomatoes brings an extra richness to this simple pasta salad. Serves: 4-6
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
12 oz farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
3 tablespoons Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
8 oz mozzarella
2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat a grill or the oven to 350°F with the rack set in the center of the oven.
2. Toss the tomatoes with about 1/4 cup Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt (about 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste) and pep- per. Grill on high heat for about 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred and blistered. If roasting, place in oven and roast until browned and just about bursting, about 30-45 minutes. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Generously salt and drop in the pasta. Cook according to the pasta package directions until the pasta is al dente. Drain under cold water and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the Sonoma Gourmet Sautéed Garlic Olive Oil, Dijon mustard, white balsamic vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper.
5. Add the pasta, tomatoes and their juices, mozzarella, herbes de Provence, and toss.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with basil. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
In This Recipe
SONOMA GOURMET Sautéed Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Premium California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Garlic from Gilroy, CA - this oil screams garlic and is praised by garlic lovers around California. Treat your family and guests to something truly extraordinary. Perfect as a dipping or cooking oil; the options are endless. Try This Olive Oil >>